- Restaurants must limit number of customers to one-third of total capacity.
- Tables must be ten feet apart so that diners will be seated six feet away from diners at other tables.
- Each employee who directly interacts with patrons must wear a face mask that completely covers nose and mouth. Kitchen staff and others are encouraged to wear a mask.
- Each employee must wear gloves. Gloves should be changed between each customer, customer group, or task.
- Management must conduct a daily health screening of all employees before they enter the restaurant. An employee with a cough, sore throat, fever, or shortness of breath must not enter the restaurant.
- Patrons must wear a face covering until the food or drink is served.
- Salad bars, buffets, and other self-serve features will remain closed.
- Groups must be 10 or fewer customers.
- Tables, chairs, salt/pepper shakers, condiment containers, and napkin holders will be cleaned and disinfected after each customer.
- Bars and entertainment operations (such as live music, in-seat gaming devices, or arcades) are prohibited.
- Normal service of alcohol within the restaurant seating area is allowed.
- Restrooms should be disinfected frequently.
- Service may be declined to patrons not wearing masks.
These Phase 1 restrictions will remain in place until Secretary of Health Dr. Nate Smith determines that they may be relaxed or discontinued.