MAYFLOWER PLANNING COMMISSION
APRIL 13, 2021
Vice-Chairman C Patterson called the meeting to order at 7:03 PM. Angela Patterson called roll. Commissioners in attendance for the meeting were James Oliver, Angela Patterson, Chad Patterson, Sammy Reynolds, and Ken Tugwell. Delbert Dawson, Jana Green-Fornash, Curtis Lovell, and Cliff Wekkin were absent. We have a quorum.
Approval and/or Changes to Minutes: Commissioner Tugwell made the motion to accept the minutes as printed from the December 8, 2020 regular meeting, and Commissioner Reynolds seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
Reports: Chief Woods reported that several businesses had inquired about opening at adjacent buildings at 637 and 639 Hwy 365, owned by Sandara Bridges, but the Arkansas Department of Transportation (ArDOT) has determined there isn’t enough parking for food establishments.
1. River Plantation Phase 9: Clayton Engineering submitted a preliminary plat for Lots 1-17, certified for preliminary surveying accuracy by Eric Holloway on 4/1//2021. The lots are 90’ x 175’ and the developer will use the same Bill of Assurance as Phase 6. A letter with questions and comments from Raymond Arnold, Mayflower Water Superintendent, was submitted to the Commission. Mr. Clayton also received a copy to address the issues.
1. Why is this Phase 9 instead of 8? Phase 8 was platted, but never built because of its proximity to the Ida Bell Cemetery.
2. What is the plan for the sketched lot between 7 and 8? It’s a right-of-way to connect to future developments to the east.
3. The concern of providing water service lines to each lot of Phase 9 is having to install unusually long lines from Phase 7. All water taps for Phase 9 must be 5’-10’ away from driveways in Phase 7 and will need to be bored under the road.
4. There is an existing 6” sewer force main that is not shown in the 15’ easement on the preliminary plat. To ensure that it will be in the easement, a copy of the survey that verifies its location must be provided and adjustments must be made if outside of the easement. Additional easement will be provided as needed.
2. River Plantation Phase 6: Clayton Engineering submitted a preliminary replat of an unnamed lot. Previously submitted by CWB Engineers, it was not approved because it borders a retention pond for stormwater drainage runoff.
Before any further consideration, the Commissioners asked Mr. Clayton
to provide 1. the original plat that shows the pond, 2. the Q’s for runoff for Phase 6, and 3. why it was left unnamed.
Announcements: Vice-Chairman C Patterson asked for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Commissioner Reynolds made the motion; Commissioner Tugwell seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes. There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:21 PM.