Chairman Dawson called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM.
Recorder Angela Patterson called roll. Commissioners in attendance for the meeting are James Oliver, Ken Tugwell, Sammy Reynolds, Delbert Dawson, David Binz, Jana Green-Fornash, Kayleigh Hartje, and Chad Patterson. We have a quorum.
Approval and/or Changes to Minutes: Commissioner Patterson made the motion to accept the minutes from the April 11, 2017 regular meeting and Commissioner Reynolds seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes. Commissioner Reynolds made the motion to accept the minutes from the April 24, 2017 workshop, with Commissioner Tugwell seconding the motion. The minutes will stand approved.
A. Billboards T.J. Ashley expressed one concern with the wording of the revised draft of the proposed ordinance. “No part or foundation or support…” was changed to the wording below:
11. No part of the foundation or support of any billboard shall be placed on, in, or over any public property, including public rights-of-way, or any utility or drainage easement, or upon telephone or utility poles, except for the following:
Also, in Section 2 D, Commissioner Reynolds suggested that all monopoles be restricted to steel construction, as opposed to those made from wood and reads as follows:
12. Any wood pole billboard may be upgraded to a steel monopole. New billboards shall be restricted to steel monopoles.
Commissioner Reynolds made the motion to accept the changes in wording to the proposed ordinance; Commissioner Green-Fornash seconded the motion, passing with all ayes.
Chairman Dawson asked for a motion to submit the changes to the City Council for consideration. Commissioner Binz made the motion; Commissioner Green-Fornash seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
B. City Center and Police Department Building Randy Palculict, architect, answered questions regarding the funding for the building and bid letting will not proceed until the funding has been secured.
All principals have signed off on the project, and Mr. Palculict will email a letter of recommendation from Metroplan to Angela Patterson, Planning Commission Recorder. Chairman Dawson asked for a motion to recommend approval to the City Council to go forward with the construction of the building. Commissioner Binz made the motion; Commissioner Reynolds seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
C. Ida Bell Cemetery No representatives from the Plantation were present, therefore, Commissioner Binz made the motion to table the issue until further notice. Commissioner Patterson seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
1. Rusty Waters, Stone Hill Ranch and his agreement to sell fifty acres to Scott Fulton to start a business in the industrial sales and contractors field was tabled due to his lack of presence at the meeting. Commissioner Reynolds made the motion to table the discussion until Mr. Waters requests a place on the agenda again, and Commissioner Tugwell seconded the motion. Motion passed with all ayes.
2. First Security Bank Parking Lot Expansion Trey Foster, CEA Civil Engineering Associates, submitted Plans and Specifications, on behalf of First Security Bancorp, to the Commission for review April 28, 2017. Based upon comments from Chairman Dawson, revisions were submitted electronically May 9, 2017 and made available to the Commissioners at the meeting.
Lance Beckman, representing CWB Engineers, concurred with Commissioners that there were several concerns with the plans that needed to be addressed before final approval would be granted, and are requesting that Mr. Foster attend the June meeting to address the following concerns:
- No survey submitted showing boundary lines
- Retaining wall may not be adequate to prevent flooding
- Depth of parking spaces and amount of allotted space to back out safely
CWB has not signed off on the project for the Parking Lot Expansion and will need to comment before June 13, 2017. Included with the Project Approval Sheet, which was signed by all other principals, were comments from Mayor Holland and Raymond Arnold, Water Superintendent, with their recommendation for conditional approval. Mayor Holland asked for Q calculations, which were submitted with the revised plans, and Mr. Arnold will require the relocation of two water meter services and will coordinate with the bank and contractor at the appropriate time.
Commissioner Green-Fornash made the motion to table the discussion until further clarification is provided at the June 13th meeting. Commissioner Binz seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
There will not be a workshop meeting on May 22nd. With no further comments, Chairman Dawson asked for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Commissioner Patterson made the motion, and Commissioner Tugwell seconded the motion. Meeting will stand adjourned at 7:40 PM.