Chairman Dawson called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM. Recording Secretary Angela Patterson called roll. Commissioners in attendance for the meeting are David Binz, Delbert Dawson, Kayleigh Hartje, James Oliver, Chad Patterson, Sammy Reynolds, and Ken Tugwell. Jana Green-Fornash was absent. We have a quorum.
Approval and/or Changes to Minutes:
Commissioner Oliver made the motion to accept the minutes from the August 14, 2018 regular meeting, and Commissioner Tugwell seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
- Living Truth Church-
Daniel Holland, Metroplan, made the following comments: “All City of Mayflower regulatory requirements must be met before Metroplan can recommend approval of the proposed site plan revision to add a retention pond. An approval by the City of Mayflower should require:
- A replat of the property into one combined lot;
- A new conditional use permit for the development; and
- A complete and revised set of plans that follow submission requirements.
These submission processes and required documents are listed in Mayflower’s Zoning Ordinance and Overlay District document. Metroplan can reconsider the proposed plan when these requirements are met. Staff will be available to discuss any issues during this process. Please contact us with any questions or comments.”
The letter, in its entirety, is attached herewith and made a part of these minutes.
Lee Elliott, Administrative Consultant, offered these comments: “The proposed retention pond will be developed across lot lines. I agree with Metroplan that there needs to be a replat required, where this development is one total lot. A replat will need to be applied for and approved by the planning commission before site plan application can be approved.”
The memorandum, in its entirety, is attached herewith and made a part of these minutes.
Commissioner Reynolds made a motion to table further discussions/decisions until:
- a replatted site plan has been submitted, to include the additional acreage, with ALL changes showing on one set of plans, and
- the drainage is moved to prevent storm water from flowing onto property across Hwy 89, or a letter is received from landowner, Terry Turner, granting right-of-way.
Commissioner Binz seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes.
- Wes Lowder has been retained as an engineering consultant for the River Plantation and River Meadows subdivisions.
No upcoming workshop meeting is planned. The next regular meeting is scheduled for October 9th. With no further comments, Chairman Dawson asked for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Commissioner Binz made the motion; Commissioner Tugwell seconded the motion. The motion passed with all ayes. The meeting will stand adjourned at 7:33 PM.